Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Trench















Time for the one day race of the season for me- Paris Roubaix. Lots of build up going on out there in what is shaping up to be a Boonen vs. Cancellara classic Classic. My money is on Boonen- the man has to win something this year to justify his Belgian celebrity status. There's a good photo gallery going on in the cyclingnews forum but I thought I'd post to this somewhat more evocative piece of writing from one of my new bookmarks:

http://www.velominati.com/blog/racing/professional/the-trench/

2 comments :

  1. Can't help but admire FCs acceleration but I got quite annoyed that the chasing eight basically gave themselves no chance by being selfish. Maybe the right move for each, but as a watcher, the suspense was limited to seeing if Fc would blow. And I think he's got a handle on his redline, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah a bit of a dull race in all- imressive but not much suspense. It asks the question what was in his water bottles... Won't be buying that on DVD.

    ReplyDelete