Saturday, May 29, 2010

Retro Campagnolo



























Credit due to Mr Smiff for sending me through a link to a rather nice looking Eddy Merckx on fleabay. Seeing the close ups of the pristine 8 speed Record groupset does make me think Campagnolo kind of lost their way a bit with all the carbon stuff- those old chainsets actually look much nicer. And don't even get me started on skeleton brakes and the 'new' quick releases...


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-EDDY-MERCKX-TITANE-Litespeed-Campagnolo-Record-vgc-/360265800906?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e183dcca

2 comments :

  1. Ed,

    I must show you then the bike which I used until mid of last year: a 1992 Campy Chorus model (8 speed)... all polished Alu..
    it looks exactly like the one in the pic...
    Or maybe my old XC bike (steel, Campy Record late 80s)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice- would love to have a look. Bring it on the MAD100 next time!

    ReplyDelete